Oil Painting INDIGO Sunset Seascape, Canvas on Board, 18x24", by Gina De Gorna
Materials for the Sunset Oil Painting:
1. Stretched Primed Canvas or Canvas on Board suitable for Oil Paintings.
2. FLAT Bristle Oil Painting Brushes: 2'' and smaller.
3. Metal Palette Knife medium size.
4. Oil Paint Colors: Titanium White; Cobalt Blue; Ultramarine Blue; Light Yellow; Orange; Alizarin Crimson.
5. Medium dark flat purple acrylic paint.
6. The softest 2" flat brush you can find in a craft store.
7. Paper Towels.
8. Disposable palette, disposable gloves and disposable apron so you don't have to clean the palette and yourself longer than you paint, but to focus only on the FUN PART of the painting process :)
GENERAL TIPS FOR THE SUNSET OIL PAINTING:
1. Follow the Step by Step instructions.
2. There's no need to dilute or pre-mix the oil paints. Remember: over mixing oil paint results in a muddy and grayish look of a painting.
3.Oil paints are special - each color is made of specific pigment and each color mixes in a unique way with the other colors. You need to mix the right oil paints in order to get the shade/color you need in your painting. If you do not use the recommended Oil Colors, I suggest you make some color samples first by mixing a very small amount of different paints on a piece of canvas, palette or even paper just to get to know your oil paints.
4. Use the recommended brush strokes for each STEP. For the brush strokes: practice, experiment, practice, experiment..even on a piece of paper first until you feel the brush and are happy with the results.
5. Do not overdo things. Overworking is never good for a painting.
6. Enjoy painting SUNSETS and Have FUN :)))